Hands raised if you look at yourself in the mirror after a long days work and your like, “Woahhhhh…. my makeup!” It is either half way gone or smudged. Then, you get a phone call that you have been invited out to dinner. Well friends, you don’t have to start your makeup from scratch when you’re heading straight from work to an event, or from school to a party. Follow me as we read through these quick and easy steps to transform your face in 10 minutes.
- Assess your face. If your makeup looks cakey, oily, or uneven, mist your face with a refreshing toner and smooth out the creases with a damp sponge. Rose water spray is my toner of choice. It is light-weight, moisturizing, and is amazing at absorbing oil and setting your makeup. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce redness or irritated skin. The best of the best is “Mario Badescu” facial spray with aloe, herb, and rosewater. Even better, it’s only $7 dollars. While your at Ulta, don’t forget to pick up a “Beauty Blender”. This is an egg shaped sponge that will press your makeup into your skin so that the product absorbs into your skin for a smooth application. Raise your hand if you’re headed to Ulta right this minute!!! You better go sister!
- Set makeup with a loose pressed powder and then reapply you bronzer and blush with a slight heavier hand. Don’t forget to add your highlighting powder just about your cheekbone. My go-to is the “Lorac” contour palette. There are three different shades of bronzer/contour and three shade of highlighter. This gives you the option for a less or more dramatic look.
- Add an eyeshadow color to your eyelid. It can be consistent across the lid, or you can do a darker shade in the crease. Blend with your fingertip or makeup brush.
- Redo your eyeliner and make it look thicker and elongated. Apply liner to the bottom lash like and/or on the water line. Black or brown are the more popular picks but if your feeling frisky add a pop of color in your water line.
- Put on another layer of mascara and curl those lashes, girl!
- Add false lashes. This look is optional and not a step you want to rush. Take your time and pray for patience haha!!!! It takes a little practice to master the false last look, but it helps put emphasis on your eyes and can often complete the look. My advice is to save the lashes for the really important events.
- Final step, and might I add my favorite step, LIPSTICK! We all have our favorite pieces of makeup that we just completely feel naked without, am I right?! For some it’s blush, others its mascara or eye liner, but my favorite is definitely defining the lip. Over the years I have become a hugeeeeee fan of lip liner and lipstick. Whether it’s a dark, romantic lip, or a nude glossy look, never neglect the lips!!
- Last and most important step, CONFIDENCE! Wear this one well!
Cheers to a good night! xoxo!